We are committed to maintaining and improving the highest quality of products and services that meet or exceed our specifications, our customers' expectations and all applicable industry and regulatory standards. We have developed and are continuously improving food safety and quality assurance systems that meet the highest standards in the industry.
Driven by our philosophy of continuous improvement, advancing our food safety and quality management systems are an ongoing priority. We also voluntarily participate in the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), a set of industry standards designed to improve food-safety management systems across the supply chain.
As a leader in natural and organic foods, we have well-defined safety and quality expectations for our suppliers.
CGC has integrated food safety and quality assurance systems to ensure high quality, safe products for our customers. We maintain stringent internal standards and requirements to ensure safety across all processes and operations through:
- Quality Assurance staff assigned to all facilities
- Science-based validation of our processes and preventative controls
- Food safety management system reviews by our quality teams, 3rd party agencies and regulatory authorities
- Customer audits of our food safety systems and facilities
- Comprehensive food product monitoring to specification and testing of incoming and finished products
- Food safety training of production personnel
- Integration of a risk-based supplier approval and management system
The C.G.C. food safety and quality assurance management system has been developed to include food safety standards such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, programs in sanitation, traceability and allergen control. These standards define our operating system and include management responsibilities, document control and record keeping. In addition, the program is aligned with international standards.